vendredi 1 février 2008

Delhi Delites




Well I`ll try again. This morning I wrote a cracker of a blog and after 50 minutes there was a short but decisive current cut and oops, no blog. Luckily the camera was not plugged in but still....


I woke up at noon well groggy and time to check out the shower, bliss hot water and lots of it.


Time now to chech out the world outside, I`d already seen enough to prepare me a bit but now for the real thing. I have to admit that I was actually shaking, me the well seasoned traveller and all. Outside is actually straight from a science fiction book, except that it is not, it`s real and here and now. I went for an explore on foot and saw the most sqallid horror, the most beautiful and the most friendly people. The poor unfortunates sleep, covered by aqn old tatty shawl, just any where in the street, 4x4`s passing inches away. Nobody would notice or care if they died. At the station there was a corpse on a stretcher with a woman squatting next to it waiting for a train?


Don`t get me wrong there is truly wonderful stuff here but you soon get your sense of priorities sorted out.


Basically, to keep things short, I have been to the.........main station-all documents copied out in stacks of ledgers, straight from the Raj...... many stupifyingly dense and sensational markets


.....the `Organic Expo where were 3 organic exhibiters` but have been invited back 11+12 March at the expense of the Indian Gouvernment!!!......eaten superbe, mostly South Indian food, mmmmm.....and generally immersed myself totally. /before I sign off, just to say that it is not what you`ve got that makes you great, it`s how you see the world... These people are humble, poor but smiling, generous and really interested in you ( apart from 1 or 2 touts) bye for now

2 commentaires:

Penelope a dit…

I think my previous one didn't go through to you - complicated so here goes. What a great adventure and new direction! It is great we can follow along and experience your travels from the comfort of my arm chair! I am hibernating today as we have a massive snow storm in process - a contrast to your experiences. I hope your journey is everything you want from it and more. Sounds great. Much love, Penelope

Rosie a dit…

You can save a post on line without publishing it. That's what I would do at regular intervals if I wasnt sure of my power supply!

glad to see that you have the camera on-line. More photos please. You know that Ganesh is my most favourite of all the deities so can I have as many photos of him as possiblexxx
Hi penelope