vendredi 22 février 2008

Kerala State Agri show.






On my way back from the dentist I had to go to the High Court Jetty to check out busses to Calicut on Sunday, there aren`t any. Next door however was the Kerala state Agricultural show, a lively mix of best flower arrangement, as in a village fete, hi tech companies selling their wares and individual producers selling theirs. No democratic wandering around, there were alleys cordonned off to usher us all in a long queue and tough shit if you wanted to bypass a section. On reflection this is what we do to animals so hardly supprising. There were at least 50 varieties of coconut, the same of bananas, strange masses of twisted tubers weighing upwards of 50 Kg, fascinating. Then came spices, veg, fruit in awesome profusion, a whole area dedicated to orchids, Rosie`s favourite, Remember Barbados? To cut a long story short I made contact with 2 organic producers, 1 of whom I was going to meet later anyway, saves me a trip, and left with a bunch of interesting seeds. Anybody interested in raising tropical seeds let me know. (see rosies blog about chillis)

1 commentaire:

Rosie a dit…

at last, I have internet back again...pretty photos. I fell in love with orchids in Barbados 20 years ago. At that time they were very rare and exotic. Now they seem to be everywhere in every garden centre. I should have followed my tastes and started to import them...but how was I to know that everyone would like the same things that I do? Am I everywoman.............