lundi 11 février 2008

Mumbai the way



After a long night train ride from Rajasthan to Mumbai, sharing 4 bunks with a family of 4 with 2 snivveling kids, all of whom had colds, coughed all the time (without covering their mouths, listening kids?) and basically not leaving much room for4 me, I was ready to arrive in Mumbai. The usual `bidonville` on the outskirts but on an unimaginable scale. Took a taxi to the station which I leave from which is in the banking district, got my first european meal in a long time in the Malongo Cafe, full of idni-yuppies. Veg lasagne, mango juice and oh god, a chocolate torte, YES. All this and a spotless loo where I had a quick scrub and changed my socks. I think every body ought live in the sort of conditions that I have lately just to experience the benefits afterwards (those of us in the world who can). All this and I found a cybercafe with...a keyboard that has all the letters on, a connection in at least in second gear, and to top it off air conditioning, yes at last, it`s hot, well about 22 C. Pictures at last- local sound system in Bundi, a marching brass band followed by these `sound wagons` 2 truck batteries and a mic for the singer, give you ideas Ronan? a couple of my larcenous monkeys at the RN haveli, Bundi

Aucun commentaire: